MOA Signing and Launching of Life After Tokhang
The PNP has launched its Community-Based Recovery and Wellness Program dubbed as “Life After Tokhang” through the signing of the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) between the PNP and Life Rispondé Foundation on October 3, 2017, 2:00 PM at the PNP Multi-Purpose Center with the First Lady Ms. Cielito “Honeylet” S. Avanceña as the Guest of Honor and Speaker.
The activity was graced by prominent personalities from the government, diplomatic corps, business, entertainment industry and socio-civic organizations. Among them are: Secretary Abul Khayr D. Alonto, Chairperson, Mindanao Development Authority; Former Senator Alberto Romulo of Development Bank of the Philippines; His Excellency Zhao Jianhua, Chinese Ambassador to the Philippines; Atty. Salvador Panelo, Presidential Chief Legal Counsel; Mrs. Gretchen Barreto-Cojuangco; and Ms. Vivian Velez. The PNP Command Group, members of the D-Staff, Directors, NSUs and Regional Directors of PROs also attended the activity.
Among the highlights of the activity were:
- TDPCR’s welcome remarks where he narrated how the Camp-based Drug Rehabilitation program was conceptualized and started in Police Regional Offices 6 and 10;
- Signing of MOA between the PNP and Life Rispondé Foundation for the joint implementation of the PNP-initiated recovery and wellness program dubbed as “Life After Tokhang - LIFT.” The signing was led by the Chief, PNP; Mr. Clemente Abella, Jr, President of Life Rispondé Foundation; TDPCR; and Mr. Gary L. Yupangco, Chairman, Life Rispondé Foundation and witnessed by the GOHS, PNP Regional Directors, and Life Rispondé Foundation officials;
- The PNP RWP-LIFT was formally launched through a video presentation which contains the CADRE program of PROs 6 and 10; Bahay Pagbabago of PRO 3; Simula ng Pag-asa (SIPAG) of PRO 4A and Ifugao Reflection Center of PRO COR. These initiatives of the PROs and other drug rehabilitation efforts of the PNP will be eventually anchored in the PNP Recovery and Wellness Program;
- An intermission number was led by Life Rispondé Foundation President together with the Recovering Drug Dependents. Some of the RDDs gave testimonies and experiences having drug users/dependents in the family.
- The C,PNP prior to introducing the GOHS, lauded the launching of the RWP-LIFT; it being timely amidst the criticism on the PNP re alleged Extra Judicial Killings (EJK) and other lapses committed by some police officers during anti-drug operations; and
- The GOHS (Ms. Cielito S. Avanceña) in her message also lauded the efforts of the PNP and its partners who are supporting the program. She said that despite what the President has done on the war against illegal drugs, the President is still being criticized. The GOHS got emotional as she narrates the efforts of some individuals or groups to discredit the President. She encouraged everyone to support the government and show one’s patriotism and love of country.
The program ended where the guests were invited to take part of the cocktails while others took souvenir photos with the GOHS.
The C, PNP assists and welcomes the Guest of Honor and Speaker, First Lady Ms. Cielito “Honeylet” Avanceña as she arrives at the PNP Multi-Purpose Center, Camp BGen Rafael T Crame, Quezon City during the Memorandum of Agreement Signing and Launching Ceremony of the PNP Recovery and Wellness Program “Life After Tokhang on October 2, 2017.
TDPCR (in front of the GOHS) welcomes the First Lady Ms. Cielito “Honeylet” Avanceña at the PNP Multi-Purpose Center Lobby.
The First Lady Ms. Cielito “Honeylet” Avanceña greets the members of the Mothers of Peace headed by Ms. Maria Lourdes Arcenas.
The Chief, PNP having a conversation with HE Zhao Jianhua, Chinese Ambassador to the Philippines. Other personality in the picture is DBP Chairperson - Former Senator Alberto Romulo (in white barong) and TDPCR.
TDPCR delivers the Welcome Remarks during the Memorandum of Agreement Signing and Launching Ceremony of the PNP Recovery and Wellness Program “Life After Tokhang.
The C, PNP gives a brief remarks prior to introduce the GOHS during the Memorandum of Agreement Signing and Launching Ceremony of the PNP Recovery and Wellness Program “Life After Tokhang at the PNP Multi-Purpose Center, Camp BGen Rafael T Crame, Quezon City.
The First Lady Ms. Cielito S Avanceña delivers her keynote speech during the Memorandum of Agreement Signing and Launching Ceremony of the PNP Recovery and Wellness Program “Life After Tokhang at the PNP Multi-Purpose Center. The First Lady encouraged everyone to support the government and show ones patriotism and love of country.
The C, PNP leads the MOA signing re implementation of the PNP Recovery and Wellness Program dubbed as “There is Life After Tokhang.” The First Lady together with the officials of the partner NGOs and the Regional DirectorS of Police Regional Offices witness the signing.
The C, PNP together with Mrs. Nancy Dela Rosa and TDPCR present the mementos to the First Lady at the Executive Lounge of the PNP Multi-Purpose Center. The mementos are an oil in canvass portrait of the First Lady and a Mother of Pearl jewelry case.